Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Greatest Sporting Event Eveeeeer

So I hit the T to Boston with my pops with the plan on getting him wasted before the game...which the opposite ended up happening. On the train I get a text from my friends saying that they are next to the garden and we should meet up at a bar before they head back home. We end up at Hurricane O'reillys and while there I end up stealing a bunch of shit from the Corona girl because she kept ignoring me. Later on my dad tells me he's never had Henny before, I bought the rounds and then I thought he was gonna die haha...

We get to the game and check out how good our seats our (center ice) when I see there is a whole row of Canadians fans right in front of me. I do not like this. During the game It seems like my dad is coming back with more beer every 10 minutes and I am getting very drunk; and that's when the evil plan hits me. Big Z scores the tying goal and I jump out of my seat "accidentally" spilling my beer all over the habs fan in front of me. Everyone around me thinks it is hilarious, except him of course...before the spilling I also took one of my favorite pictures of the night:



Besides the drunkenness it was a great game with a crazy crowd and some good fights. The Bruins won 3-1 and on the way to the subway I tell a little kid to start a USA chant while I berate the Canadians. When I said to throw them in the tracks almost everyone there went nuts and tagged along with me. Even my dad got in on it.

Fuck the Yankees-Red Sox, this is the greatest rivalry of all time.

2 comments:

bighusla said...

"Fuck the Yankees-Red Sox, this is the greatest rivalry of all time"
Hmmmmmmmm u r a lil excited so I am going to let u get away with this comment.oh yea and 4 some reason i thought u were black lol.

Rags to Riches said...

hahaha not the first person to say that, prolly because i'm one of the only white people where I live.



Yankees still suck. :)